Mission Tuesday #237 – Board of Directors Memo
I am a week behind in my Mission Tuesday posts.
Mission of Hope’s Board of Directors sent out an update in the form of a memo last week to our friends, supporters and partners in the community and beyond. We want to make sure everyone sees this important update. Below is the memo. In my next Mission Tuesday post, #238, I’ll share more of what’s been happening in my days at the Mission. God bless you!
We’ve been humbled by your response during this time. Thank you for your prayers, words of encouragement, & financial gifts. We believe in our hearts that Mission of Hope will emerge better & stronger than ever, it’s impact even more far-reaching. This is God’s ministry, and He cares so meticulously for His people; we have no doubt He will continue to provide so others can be touched & transformed through His unconditional love & amazing grace!
That being said, we’re moving forward in faith, making some tough decisions. We desire to do everything we can to be good stewards & to ensure our future. The following changes have been implemented:
- Mission of Hope pays 77% of its revenue to staff who oversee & direct our ministry services. We employ 16 people at the Mission & Shelter (5 full-time, 11 part-time) – including those who may have trouble finding work, offering opportunities for employment & a decent wage. 65% of staffing goes to support our fully-functioning 24/7 Emergency Shelter. We’ve already cut overall compensation by 10% and are meeting weekly to make additional cuts as needed.
- Several part-time staff have offered to volunteer their hours for a season, and for that we are deeply grateful.
- Mission of Hope Shelter rent has increased from $3/day to $5/day after the first three free days.
- Mission of Hope Shelter has added another transitional room. Each of our two transitional room residents is required to work two shifts a week for room & board.
- Mission of Hope will be closed during the day on Saturdays, at least to year-end. Our food pantry will be open on Saturdays from 3:00-4:30 pm, and we’ll continue to have church at 5:00 pm.
Even with these cuts, we need your help. Would you pray with us for the following?
- “225 by 12.25″ ($225,000 by 12.25.13) – This will provide five months of expenses, an additional month of accumulated savings, & payoff of our current bank note.
- “30 in 30″ – We’re looking for 30 new partners in 30 days to commit to a monthly gift by credit card or ACH check withdrawal, no matter the amount.
- Compassionate Volunteers – Volunteers continue to be an important part of our growing ministry, and we’re committed to utilizing an organized force of volunteers in the years to come.
Would you pass this email onto others? It’s our hope that it’s shared with as many individuals, churches, businesses, & groups as possible. Thank you for your steadfast prayers & support. To God be the glory!
Mission of Hope Board of Directors