We praise the Lord for His love, and the love He calls us to live out day by day.
Service. Our daily activities reflect our Lord’s call to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, shelter the homeless, and visit the imprisoned. With our expanded facility at 1700 B Ave NE, we now offer increased services in many areas. Through partnerships with local churches and volunteers, six days each week, the mission now offers:
- Hot lunches for 115 to 150 people daily
- Food pantry for 30 to 50 visitors daily
- Clothes closet services for 18 to 25 men, women, and children weekly
- Shelter services for up to 18 men nightly
- Resources and programs for those leaving Linn County Correctional Center
- Discipleship and addiction recovery programs
The need for shelter still far exceeds the local supply. Please join us in prayer that this need be met.
Sharing the gospel is integrated into every aspect of Mission of Hope. Each day, relationships are established and the gospel is shared. In the evening at the shelter, the gospel and prayer are offered before supper every night. Staff members, having all been touched deeply by the love of Christ, are compelled to spread the good news at every opportunity. The power of the gospel can be seen daily in transformed lives.
We Need Your Help: The ministry remains 100% privately funded. Operation expenses are $1,000/day, and funds are urgently needed for roof and structural repairs for our main campus at 1700 B Ave NE. Donate online or mail to Mission of Hope, P.O. Box 1101, Cedar Rapids, IA 52406.