Mission of Hope Executive Director
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Mission of Hope’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission.
Leadership & Management:
- Establish and maintain spiritual foundation and direction of ministry consistent with the established purpose and mission of the organization as established and approved by the board of directors.
- Ensure operation and management of ministry within Biblical standards, including but not limited to the promotion of the gospel of the Kingdom of God in Jesus Christ.
- Establish and maintain an environment of sound biblical stewardship over ministry resources.
- Oversee program operations, establishing guidelines for measuring and evaluating ongoing efforts in shelter provision, daily meals, food pantry, and clothes closet programs.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong board of directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for the national rollout
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain staff.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion while simultaneously retiring building debt
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities
Planning & New Business:
- Design the expansion and complete the strategic business planning process for the program expansion into new markets
- Begin to build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with the funders and political and community leaders at each expansion site
- Be an external local and national presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional and national replication
The ED will be thoroughly committed to Mission of Hope’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Established foundation in Christian leadership, preferably with at least three to five years proven leadership experience in Christian organization. Advanced degree and ordination to ministry by local church preferred.
- Experience; track record of effectively leading a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.