Mission of Hope, Cedar Rapids, IA
Position Overview |The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for supporting the direction, operational leadership, and oversight required to achieve the vision and mission of the organization as determined by the Board of Directors (BOD); and building the community relationships and partnerships necessary for success. The ED will develop in partnership with the BOD, implement, and manage the strategic goals and objectives of Mission of Hope (MOH), and ensure operational alignment to support the goals according to professional non-profit best practices. ED will also ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, ordinances and regulations. ED is responsible to the BOD.
- A person of Christian faith in accordance with the MOH Statement of Faith, exhibiting a level of spiritual maturity and integrity to lead the organization, other individuals, and themselves in spiritual transformation.
- Ensure operation and management of ministry within Biblical standards, including but not limited to the promotion of the gospel of the Kingdom of God in Christ Jesus.
- Build strong relationships, engage with, and provide vision to churches, agencies, funders, and community organizations in serving the community and moving beyond traditional charity towards empowering and developmental compassion.
- Develop, with the support of the BOD, strategies that maximize the local impact, fulfilling the mission and vision of MOH.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong BOD; serve as ex-officio member of each committee; seek, support, and encourage BOD involvement with strategic direction for ongoing operations.
- Provide an executive overview to the BOD monthly summarizing the organization’s activities, issues and accomplishments.
- Manage the development, delivery, optimization and evaluation of all MOH operations, programs, services and initiatives to maximize ministry impact.
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring, training, evaluation and management of all staff and volunteers.
Finances & Fundraising (50%)
- Oversee financial operations, risk management practices, and facilities. Develop and recommend annual budget for BOD approval, and prudently manage all resources within budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations.
- Work with the BOD to develop and implement a sustainable fundraising program and plan.
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and expansion.
- Lead MOH fundraising efforts.
Networking & Professional Development (30%)
- Develop new and nurture existing local church relationships with pastors, ministry leaders, staff, and volunteers. Establish a regular meeting schedule to create and maintain ownership of involvement with MOH.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with community leaders and staff, including agencies, funders, and community organizations.
- Develop and implement effective marketing and promotional strategies.
- Serve as the primary MOH spokesperson.
Qualifications & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in management, social work, organizational leadership, theology/ministry, community development, or related field.
- And or equivalent experience of 3-5 years non-profit leadership experience, including but not limited to hiring and managing staff, developing budgets, writing grants, processing payroll and accounts payable, understanding tax processes (payroll, annual 990) and developing funding programs.
- Willing to learn an understanding of the culture of poverty and its’ associated causes, strengths and problems, including but not limited to Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES), substance abuse, and mental illness.
- Experience utilizing technology, including Microsoft Office, Googledocs, Facebook and other social media tools, WordPress, QuickBooks, Salsa (donor software), and email marketing platforms.
- Demonstrates leadership, visionary, and relationship building skills.
Organization Overview www.missionofhopecr.org
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit helping people in need. Because Jesus loves us, we want to bring hope and lasting change to hurting people. We seek a way beyond traditional charity, towards empowering, developmental compassion. John 10:10b says, “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” Our mission is “Giving Hope.”
- We believe the cycle of poverty is rooted in broken relationships each person has with God, self, others, and the rest of creation. The purpose of benevolent assistance is to support and encourage low-income people to improve their lives, building on their own actions, gifts, and resources. [Corbett, S. and Fikkert, B. (2015) Helping Without Hurting in Church Benevolence, pp. 54, 58].
- We believe in hand-ups, not hand-outs. Sometimes it is better to say “no” to a recurring request for aid and look for ways to help people with training, mentoring, and relationship.
- Each person with whom we interact, both volunteers and people in need, is valuable and has something they can contribute to their community.
- We do everything in the name of Jesus Christ, and we serve all people regardless of their religion or beliefs.
Job Type | Full-time, salaried position. Some evening and weekend work required.
Required Education | Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply, submit the following |
- Cover letter addressing your interest, summary of qualifications, personal faith statement and salary requirements
- References, including your current pastor
Send To | Randy Fouts
Chair, Mission of Hope Board of Directors
PO Box 1101
Cedar Rapids, IA 52406-1101
Or email [email protected]
Deadline | May 15th, 2023
News & Updates
Subscribe to our dandy E-newsletter, or our Needs Alert which periodically lets you know we’re on the lookout for a particular item.
Spiritual Growth and Support
Mission of Hope provides these support services:
- Daily Bible Study and Prayer
Monday – Friday, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
- Revolution Recovery, Thursday Nights, 6:00 PM
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our dandy E-newsletter, or our Needs Alert which periodically lets you know we're on the lookout for a particular item.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
Developing rich and satisfying lives through Jesus Christ – John 10:10b.