Our volunteers, church partners, supporters and those we serve are the heart of our mission. Without your help we would not exist to meet basic needs, change hearts, and disciple people. We welcome your help in our mission of love in Christ.
Thank you for your interest in supporting our ministry!
Meal Sponsors for the Daily Hot Lunch Program. Food and volunteers are needed. Several dates are available each month. Contact Mary at 319.365.1782, ext 7, to discuss this opportunity and schedule a day.
Non-perishable food items:
- Canned* Meats (Chicken/Ham/Spam/Tuna/Salmon, etc)
- 1 lb packages of Hamburger/Chicken
- Apples & Oranges
- Canned* Stew/Pasta (Ravioli, etc.)
- Canned* Sloppy Joe Mix/Manwich
- Canned* Beans (Refried/Kidney/Pinto/Black, etc. No green beans at this time).
- Canned* Fruit
- Pizza Crusts/Pizza Sauce
- Pasta/Pasta Sauces
- Taco Shells/Tortillas/Taco Seasoning
- Ramen Noodles
- Instant Potatoes/Gravy/Stuffing
- Scalloped Potatoes/Rice-a-Roni/”Helper” Meals
- Cornbread Mix
- Cake & Brownie Mixes/Frosting
- Saltine Crackers
- Bottled Water
- Pancake Syrup/Sugar
- *NOTE: Pull tab cans are helpful
- Toilet Paper/Paper Towels
- Shaving Cream/Razors
- All sizes NEW underwear unless listed: Men’s (No XL), Women’s (No Size 7), Children’s
- Men’s & Women’s XL and larger shirts & hoodies
- All sizes pants and sweatpants: Men’s, Women’s & Children’s
Financial contributions, including monthly commitments
How to Donate
Food donations, clothing items, and financial gifts can be brought to the address below. Please call prior to your arrival so we can assist you and give you a receipt. You can also make a monetary donation online by clicking here:
Our monthly financial needs are $25,000 per month or $822 per day which supports our programs, facilities, and staff. God has blessed us with hundreds of individual donors, church partners, businesses and organizations.
Please seek God’s will through prayer to see if He is moving you to give financially to Mission of Hope. And if so, act in faith!
Please mail checks to P.O. Box 1101, Cedar Rapids, IA, 52406, or donate here online.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR PRAYERS AND SUPPORT.
Your involvement makes a difference! Mission of Hope’s Christ-centered ministry believes in the dignity of all people regardless of their situation and provides a range of services to help others through difficult times.
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM, Monday-Friday.
- Bible Study Leader
- Clothes Closet
- Faith & Finances Ally
- Food Pantry
- Lunch Clean-Up
- Lunch Prep
- Lunch Service
- Prayer Partner
- Work Life Ally
Please fill out our Volunteer Application and submit it to the director at the Mission of Hope. You will also need to review our Sexual Harassment Policy, Drug & Alcohol Policy, and our Code of Christian Conduct.
If you have questions, please email our Volunteer Coordinator.
Partner with Us in Ministry
Our church partners are an invaluable component of our ministries. Mission of Hope is the Church’s ministry. We offer a place for the Body of Christ to come together to offer the unconditional love of Jesus. We build bridges TO local churches so that many are embraced by Christian fellowship and discipleship. Church volunteers also see transformation and growth in faith. We believe God does something very special in our lives when we use our gifts to serve His people.
Partnership ideas include:
- Mission of Hope speakers to share with large and small church groups or at worship services. Our director would love to share this ministry with your congregation and present opportunities to get involved.
- If your church is already supporting Mission of Hope, our director would love to visit your church and share a message of thanksgiving and encouragement through stories of transformed lives.
- Opportunities for your church to provide ministry in a local mission, where the fields are ripe to serve “the least of these” as Jesus mandates in Matthew 25.
- Hosting a food drive
- Selling tickets to sponsor a church dinner featuring a Mission of Hope speaker & presentation, with proceeds going to Mission of Hope
- Church leaders to facilitate Bible studies or recovery groups
- Churches to provide and serve lunches at Mission of Hope
- Churches to provide financial assistance to our missions work
Please contact us to discuss the possibilities by calling 319.365.1782
Spiritual Growth and Support
Mission of Hope provides these support services:
- Daily Bible Study and Prayer
Monday – Friday, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
- Revolution Recovery, Thursday Nights, 6:00 PM
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our dandy E-newsletter, or our Needs Alert which periodically lets you know we're on the lookout for a particular item.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
Developing rich and satisfying lives through Jesus Christ – John 10:10b.