Mission of Hope
“Developing rich and satisfying lives through Jesus Christ” – John 10:10b
Mission of Hope is a Christ-centered ministry offering physical, emotional, and spiritual support to those in need. We serve hundreds of people each year – the poor, the homeless, the addicted, and those in need of restoration. Some drop in to meet basic needs – food, clothing, and shelter. Many find God’s love! As we work together with the local church and our community, lives are transformed through the love and grace of Jesus Christ.
Developing Rich & Satisfying Lives through Jesus Christ.
Jesus said, “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10b)
Love | Restore | Transform
We believe all people are created in the image of God, and therefore, have value.
“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.” Genesis 1:27
We believe that Scripture teaches that God longs to be in relationship with us as evidenced by His sending us His Word through the prophets and then through His Son, Jesus Christ, who died so that we might be with God in eternity. We believe that we all have a sin nature and are all broken. With this in common we can develop relationships with clients in which we all learn and grow.
“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
“For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
Our service should be founded on compassion, unconditional love, generosity, and unselfishness.
“Put in therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any, even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. And above all these things, put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body…” Colossians 3:12-15
We strive to meet the physical needs of people in the context of community.
“If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled: notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body, what doth it profit?” James 2:15-16
We are purposeful in exposing people to the gospel of Jesus Christ so that they might be born again and transformed in a miraculous way by His Holy Spirit. We further expect life change as people apply the Word to their lives and experience a personal walk with Jesus.
“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” II Corinthians 5:17
“As you have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in Him.” Colossians 2:6
As a Christ-centered ministry, we uphold these core beliefs as essential to the Christian faith:
- We believe the Bible is the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God and is the supreme source of truth for the Christian life.
- We believe there is one God, Creator and Ruler of the universe, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ; His virgin birth; His sinless life; His substitutionary death on a cross; His bodily resurrection; His ascension to the right hand of the Father; and His personal, imminent return.
- We believe that humankind was created by and for God; that by Adam’s disobedience to God, every person incurred spiritual death, which is separation from God, and physical death as a consequence; and that all people are sinners by nature and practice.
- We believe a person gains forgiveness of sin, eternal life, and a personal relationship with God by grace through faith in Jesus Christ – personally transferring one’s trust from self onto Jesus for the forgiveness of sin.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit Who convicts humankind of sin, regenerates the believing sinner, and empowers every believer in Christ by His indwelling presence.
- We believe the church as the body of professed believers in Jesus Christ, bound together in spiritual unity, commanded to love God and to love others, as Jesus loves us.
Serving Since 2002
# of Current Financial Partners
Avg. Meals Served Each Weekday
Tons of Food Donations
Where do I park?
Kim Reem, Executive Director | firstname.lastname@example.org | 319.365.1782, ext 6
Deb Foster, Development Director | email@example.com | 319.365.1782, ext 5
Kenna Kase, Program Director | firstname.lastname@example.org | 319.365.1782, ext 7
Kathy Meyers, Volunteer Coordinator | email@example.com | 319.365.1782, ext 4
Mission of Hope, 1700 B Avenue NE
- Donations and Deliveries | 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM, Monday – Friday
- Free Lunch | 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM, Monday – Friday
- Bible Study | Suspended due to Covid-19
- Food Pantry | By appointment only following intake application process. Call Kathy at 319.365.1782, ext 4.
- Clothes Closet | 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM, Monday – Friday
- Weekend Meal Sacks | Fridays 11:00 AM until gone
- Enrichment Programs | Work Life, Faith & Finances and more | As scheduled
How We Are Funded
Our Approach to Donations
At the heart of our vision is to love others unconditionally as Jesus loves us. Mission of Hope relies on the generosity of individuals, churches, and organizations who support our Christ-centered ministry as we offer physical, emotional, and spiritual assistance.
2021 Board of Directors
Farmers State Bank
AVP Trust Officer
School Improvement Consultant
Campaign & Marketing Manager
Founder & CEO
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
Developing rich and satisfying lives through Jesus Christ – John 10:10b.